The AICTE Pragati Girls Scheme is open to female students who are pursuing their first year of technical study or diploma
The online application date for the AICTE Pragati Girls’ Program has been extended to 15 December 2021 by the All India Council of Technical Education. This means that female students in the first year of their technical degree or diploma, or the second year of a degree level course through side entry at any of the AICTE approved institutions in the respective year, can apply for scholarships worth INR 50,000 per annum before the date mentioned. The deadline for defective verification and verification of the Institute has been extended to December 31, 2021.
The scholarship, for which a maximum of two candidates from one family with an annual income of less than Rs 8 lakhs can apply, will be offered to 5,000 students for a maximum period of four years. The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study upon receipt of the renewal through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by submitting an upgrade certificate with a letter from the head of the institution in the online portal.
Who can apply for the AICTE Pragati Girls Program
The scholarship opportunity is open to a maximum of two children from a family who also meet the following criteria:
- The female candidate must be admitted into the first year of a Diploma level course or the second year of a Diploma level course by lateral entry at any of the AICTE accredited institutions in the respective year.
- The female candidate must be accepted into the first year of a degree level course or the second year of a degree level course by side entry into any of the AICTE accredited institutions in the respective year.
- The family income from all sources must not be more than INR 8 000 per annum during the current financial year and a valid income certificate issued by the State Government or the Government of Utah must be attached.
Answers to some frequently asked questions about the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
While the eligibility criteria and application guidelines for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls were published earlier, many students have some questions about how to apply for the programme. Here are answers to some of the frequently asked questions:
- Where to Apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls: Candidate who meets the eligibility requirements must apply online on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Having trouble filling out the online application: Applicants can take advantage of the helpline services on email@example.com For any inquiries.
- Are those already receiving PMSS or other scholarships eligible to apply: No.
- Are students in the second or third year of technical degrees or diplomas eligible to apply: No. Only female students in the first year of a certificate level course or the second year of a degree level course through side entry can apply.
- Mandatory Documents: Aadhaar card and bank account number are mandatory.
Those who wish to know more about the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls are advised to go through official notification, then apply it to Official Portal before December 15, 2021.