Non-premium RuPay cardholders will get insurance cover from New India Assurance, while Premium card holder will get insurance cover from TATA AIG.
There are two types of RuPay cards available in the market, Premium and Non-Premium. These two categories of card are further categorized into sub-categories which are mentioned below. Keep in mind that the security deposit varies depending on the type of card.
Classic RuPay Card
Classic RuPay cardholders are not eligible for free insurance cover on their Classic RuPay cards.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna Card (Old) – Released before 28/8/2018
If you have this card, you are eligible for free accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh
Pradhan Mantri Yan Dhan Yojana Card (New) – Issued after 28/8/2018 AD
If you have this card, you are eligible for free accident insurance worth Rs 2 Lakh
All documents must be received at the New India Assurance Co. office. Ltd. at the address listed below:
Division One Manager – Insurance Program RuPay The New India Assurance Co. Ltd. DO 142300 First Floor, NCL Building Building C-6, Bandra Kurla Complex Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
RuPay Premium Card
If you have this card, you are eligible for free accident insurance of Rs 2 lakh
Select a RuPay card
If you have this card, you are eligible for free accident insurance of Rs 10 lakh
All documents must be collected at the TATA office – AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd at the address listed below:
Tata – AIG General Insurance Ltd A-501, 5th Floor, Building No.-4, Infinity Park, Dindoshi, Malad (East) Mumbai- 400097
To take advantage of free accident insurance on your RuPay debit card, you do not have to pay any line of premiums other than regular health or life insurance. You are automatically eligible for insurance if you are a RuPay card holder (except for the Classic card). However, there are some conditions that you have to meet to get coverage or claim your insurance amount. The Cardholder must have used the Card for transaction purposes in the last 90/45 days prior to the incident to claim the Guaranteed amount. If the card has not been used in the last 90/45 days and the cardholder has an accident, the insurance cannot be claimed.
- All accident claims must be reported in the 2020-21 financial year, to the dedicated claims email address firstname.lastname@example.org, for RuPay Premium Cardholders, email@example.com.
- A hard copy of the orientation email should be sent to New India Assurance Co.Ltd. With all other documents. If you are a RuPay Premium card holder, TATA AIG will record the claim and provide the claim number to the member.
- Notice of the claim must be within 90 days of the date of the accident. In the event a person is hospitalized (and under critical condition) and is unable to file a claim within 90/45 days (without premium/premium) of the loss or accident, such claim cases will be accepted by New India Assurance Co Ltd for investigation and honor, if All conditions stipulated in the document as on the date of the accident are met.
- Candidate Aadhaar No. / Cardholder
- Death report / death report (in case of death),
- discharge report
- 90/45 day transaction compliance
- FIR version
- RePay card number
- bank statement
Reminders should be sent by the concerned insurance provider to the member bank at regular intervals for the pending claim documents, and a letter via letter in hard copy/email will be sent to the customer with a fixed time schedule. All emails sent for the purpose of proceeding should be flagged to NPCI Insurance mail id firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recall process will be the same for document shortages as well.
First reminder T + 61
Second reminder T + 81
Closing letter T + 90
Note – T is the date of the alert