The process of reshaping the Alabama football roster began each season. It was announced on Tuesday that five other players from Crimson Tide have put their names on the transfer portal. More will follow as players search for more playing opportunities and the Alabama Football Team crew makes adjustments to the roster.
So far, the number of 2021 Alabama footballers to transfer has reached nine, counting a previous group of four players who have already found new teams. How many players will move and how many additional players may move to Crimson Tide is unknown. When all changes are completed is another unknown. Some players will not make a decision until after spring training. It’s possible that one or two new players won’t join the squad until the summer. The deadline for the current team to notify a player of an intent to transfer is May 1.
At this point, scholarship numbers always include more players than the allowed number is 85. How this is finally resolved is a task Nick Saban undertakes each season. It will be months before that decision becomes clear to fans of Crimson Tide. Until then, the summary below provides an estimate of the number of current scholarships.
Alabama Soccer Scholarship Players – By Center Group
- (3); Bryce Young, Galen Miller, and Ty Simpson
- (7); Trey Sanders, Gacy McClellan, Roydale Williams, Camar Wheaton, Emmanuel Henderson, Jamarion Miller, Jammer Gibbs
- (14); The number includes John Mitchell III, but does not include Jameson Williams
- Javon Becker, Jacquery Brooks, JoJo Earl, Trishon Holden, Christian Leary, Tayo Jones Bell, Slade Bolden, Aggie Hall, Aaron Anderson, Isaiah Bond, Kobe Prentice, Chazz Preston, Kendrick Law, John Metheshy III
- Some Alabama fans think the Versatile Law will be tried back first, but the depth of that group may prevent it from happening
- (5); Cameron Lato, Robbie Oztz, Caden Clarke, Elijah Brown, and Amari Niblak
- (15) With no Evan Neal
- Tanner Bowles, Emil Echore Jr., Seth McLaughlin, James Bruckermayer, Tommy Bruckermayer, JC Latham, Terence Ferguson II, Javon Cohen, Drian Dalcourt, Damion George Jr., Jayden Roberts, Amari-Kate, Tyler Booker, Elijah Shrechett
- (1), assuming only Will Reichard is on scholarship or (2) if James Burnip is a scholarship gambler
line of defense
- (15) Assuming no return for Brian Ray and Vidarian Mathis
- Damon Payne Jr., Byron Young, Tim Smith, Braillene Ingraham, Anquin Barnes Jr., Stefon Wayne Jr., Justin Iboigbe, Jah Marine Latham, DJ Dale, Monkel Goodwin, Tim Keenan III, Jamil Burroughs, Isaiah Hastings, Jortes Perry and Jahim Otis
- (15) Assuming no Christian Harris or Chris Allen
- Henry Two Toe, Dallas Turner, Keanu Kohut, Will Anderson Jr, Shane Lee, Deontay Lawson, Quandarius Robinson, Ian Jackson, Demoy Kennedy, Kendrick Blackshear, Chris Braswell, Jaylene Moody, Jeremiah Alexander, Jihad Campbell and Shawn Murphy
- (17) Assuming the return of Galen Armor-Davis and Jordan Battle
- Cole Ed McKinstry, DeMarco Hellams, Khayri Jackson, Christian Storey, Tyrion Arnold, Malachi Moore, Brian Branch, Jackie Robinson, DeVonta Smith, Ken Williams, Tricon Figans, Earl Little Jr., Antonio Kate, Jake Pope, Ellie Rex, Jordan Battle and Galen Armor Davis
Based on these assumptions, the number of current scholarships for 2022 is 92 or 93, depending on James Burneb’s status.
Profiles of all current Crimson Tide players are available here.
Chris Allen and Josh Jobe announced their move to the NFL on Wednesday.
Adsgeni code is : 748912